Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dog Blog


We continue to have beautiful fall weather, so I was feeling optimistic on Saturday morning and thought I'd take Mari and Elmo out and try to get some pictures of them. Mostly because when I don't have my camera with me, they always do something photo worthy. Unfortunately, having a camera with me and getting a good picture are two very different things.
Mari is tough to capture sometimes, because she's always looking for something to chase, or bark at, or dig in, or run around, or herd...you get the idea.





Then there is Elmo. Even though he moves pretty slow, he's hard to catch, because everything is swinging to and fro. A video of him running towards us would be a lot better representation of his beauty in motion, but until we get that...a photo will just have to do.













We ventured on to a lovely area where both dogs could be off leash for a while. Elmo had his nose to the ground, so I figured my best bet was to get Mari in action. I was pleading with her to give me a decent shot, something out of the ordinary, and then she starts getting sassy. She's been practicing her runway walk, which I have to admit is getting much better than it was.














I thought after her beauty pose, we should go for talent...and this is what we got.


I gave up.





Fast forward to Sunday...and you guessed it...more leaves to deal with. I spared Sean the yard paparazzi while he was working, and got more dog photos...because who doesn't love pictures of my dogs?

Mari loves to "help" with the leaves. You'd think with those herding instincts I would have figured out a way to get her to help with leaf round up, but without thumbs, she's useless with a rake.

And this begs the question...does Elmo help with the yardwork too?

You bet he doesn't...not when there is a fluffy bed covered with a blanky.

At least he moved off of the couch for a few hours. It really wears him out to have to lift his head occasionlly and yawn, or even get up to get some water!!


He wanted it known that he doesn't find me amusing at all. He's a good boy for putting up with me.


So yeah...life IS that exciting here. Leaves and dogs, and dogs in leaves, dogs sleeping...I tell ya what, we're going to have to try and liven it up around here soon...


Next week will be pictures of paint drying...

No comments: