Monday, November 24, 2008

A few photos

I took my camera to work with me one day last week, just because I was getting the shutter bug. I didn't get anything extraordinary, but it was a fun way to spend a lunch break.



This one is just a random shot of campus from down below. I've been at OHSU 8 months as of today, and I still get lost in the hallways and stairwells. The buildings are built on top of each other, but not in a logical way...at least not my logic. If I stay outside, I'm usually okay with my internal compass, so it's just the 6 months of winter ahead I have to worry about. :0)


And of course there is always my bench shots. I had seen this bench from the bus one day, when it was completely covered in leaves. I had hoped to get a shot of it like that, but they had been cleared by the time I brought my camera in the next day. Oh well...there is always next year.

And another shot of the same bench. For some reason I like this shot from further away. Puts the solitude of the bench in perspective. (Are you starting to believe me that we have no life...yes, I did really just post two pictures of a bench)




I work in one of the older buildings on campus, and it has such an institutional feel. This stairwell in particular creeps me out. I don't know if it's the door halfway up that doesn't really go anywhere, or the window that you can't really see out of...either way, I usually try and make it a very quick trip when I have to go this way.


And, as I promised, I couldn't end this blog without some pictures of Mari in the leaves. I had taken Cooper to the dog park on Saturday, so Sean went out in the yard to hopefully get the last bunch of leaves for the year. Of course Mari loves the leaf blower, because what dog doesn't like wind in their face at 35 mph? Sean was multi-talented to be able to wield the leaf blower, and get some good shots. (this is officially Sean's first contribution to the blog - aside from being in some pictures).


Hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

maia said...

Wow . . .Mari looks great in those leaves. Not quite as beautiful as that other dog . . .what's his name? Cooper, is it??

Maybe you should take Mari to work and get a picture of her in that creepy hallway, on a bench with some leaves?